1250 Eisenhower Pl, Ann Arbor, MI, 48108
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible. We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe. Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us. There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started. If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be. Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
A Process Engineering position is available immediately with QIAGEN. In this critical role, you will play an integral part in all aspects of improving systems development – requirements definition/design/development. An experienced engineer who specializes in process design and development for complex system environments. The qualified candidate should have strong hands on experience with sensors, motion control, electrical for control systems. A strong product development background for medical products is essential.
• Developing, configuring and optimizing industrial processes from inception through to start up and certification
• Assessing processes, taking measurements and interpreting data
• Designing, running, testing and upgrading systems and processes
• Develop and Optimize Manufacturing specification for electronic products.
• Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
• Perform process simulations
• Manage cost and time constraints
• Perform risk assessments
• Provide process documentation and operating instructions Complete all required engineering documents for assigned projects, as defined through design controls, to ensure conformance to Qiagen product quality requirements.
• Track project timing related to design release, tooling and manufacturing, test certification, pilot and production. Build schedules for all assigned parts and systems. • Attend design team and project core group meetings as required.
• Review and update job performance goals periodically to reflect new information and new technology.
• Adhere to industry standards, regulations [FDA, ISO, IPC A-610, IEEE) and observe documentation principles during design phases as needed.
• BS degree in an engineering discipline (or Eng. in Process Eng from a US accredited institution or an ABET accredited institution) with 2-4 years of experience with increasing responsibility.
• Experience with complex software-controlled electromechanical instrument development and automation
• Proven work experience in process engineering
• Excellent technical skills
• Knowledge of process related standards
• Experience in process simulations
• Working knowledge of process engineering software packages
• Solidworks, CAD or AutoCad skills
• Familiarity with health and safety regulations
• Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills.
• A background in working with in – vitro diagnostics equipment with specialty in optical electronics is highly desired.
• Outstanding scientific, communication and organizational skills are a must
• Should be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials (training provided)
• Experience in hazard analysis and overall risk management with ability to identify problems and present viable solutions.
• An Active learner with the ability to acquire new information and incorporate into their work.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Ability to organize and handle high pressure situations.
• Demonstrated decision-making abilities.
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN. QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website under this link: