320 Wakara Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 2515
Job Schedule: Full time
Quantitative Scientist, Real-World Evidence Development (#TBD)
Myriad Genetics is a genetic testing company that provides actionable health information, empowering patients and their families to make critical and timely healthcare decisions, whether they're evaluating risk for cancer, thinking about starting a family, or in search of more effective mental health treatment. Myriad is seeking a Quantitative Scientist to join its Clinical Development team.
The Quantitative Scientist plays an integral role in clinical development at Myriad by developing real-world evidence for products across Myriad's three clinical areas: Women's Health, Oncology, and Mental Health. This position sits within the Real-World Evidence Development team and works across multiple departments to evaluate clinical research questions related to how our products impact patients and healthcare systems, specifically research on comparative effectiveness for clinical outcomes, product validation, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), and understanding patient perspectives.
A successful candidate has a strong background in both a quantitative and life science discipline, with a demonstrated track-record of leading quantitative research projects that solve an important health problem, experience working with large datasets, and experience in working in multidisciplinary teams. This role has the opportunity to be offered at more senior level depending on skills and experience.
This is a REMOTE - WORK FROM HOME position, or if you prefer onsite, you may work out of our South San Francisco, CA location.
Director of Real-World Evidence Development, Clinical Development (R&D)
• Ideate, design, and perform analyses to drive evidence development across Myriad products, leveraging large datasets including claims, electronic health records (EHR), and lab data
• Serve as an expert scientist who can turn a hunch or intuition-your own or a colleague's-into a rigorous quantitative analysis
• Identify strengths and weaknesses of different data sources needed for real-world evidence development
• Serve as the analytical lead for evidence development partnerships
• Collaborate with Product Directors and Publications teams on scientific presentations (conference presentations, manuscripts)
• Work closely with stakeholders in R&D, Technology, and Commercial to ensure that analyses and data visualization efficiently support internal decision-making around research directions and data strategy
• PhD (or Masters with 3+ years' experience) in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Data Science, Mathematics, Health Economics, or related quantitative discipline.
• Well-versed in making sense of large patient-level datasets and can independently lead scientific inquiry within those datasets
• Data analysis skills, preferably with fluency in SQL, R, and/or Python
• Experience working collaboratively in a scientific environment with teammates from diverse trainings/backgrounds
• 1-2 years of industry/biotech setting is a plus
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications is a plus
• Experience with analyzing claims or EHR data is a plus
ABOUT MYRIAD GENETICS and MYRIAD'S WOMENS HEALTH
• To discover the remarkable advancements in Myriad Women's Health, please visit: https://myriadwomenshealth.com/
• For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com
• You can also visit us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/myriad-genetics
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
How to Apply