1 Battery Park Plaza, 8th Floor New York, NY 10004
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Myriad Genetics, Inc
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 1565
Job Schedule: Full time
Myriad Genetics is a cutting-edge genetic screening company that has helped millions of patients make critical healthcare decisions. We are the leader of hereditary cancer screening and prenatal screening, innovating every day to empower women and their families to benefit from advanced molecular technologies.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our collaborative and interdisciplinary R&D team. The ideal candidate will enjoy the careful and complete characterization of complex systems using sound mathematical and computational tools, as well as good communication skills.
What you'll do:
• Contribute to awesome products that have impacted millions of lives, but also maintain great freedom to pursue your own ideas in a dynamic R&D environment
• Use rigorous data science and modern software best practices to optimize current bioinformatics pipelines that process many thousands of samples per day
• Build pipelines to support new product features, ensuring their reliability and robustness at scale
• Work closely with experimental scientists, software engineers, and data scientists
• Provide high quality documentation that ensures your work is reproducible and understandable by other team members
• Communicate your results to stakeholders across the organization, e.g., engineering, marketing, sales, medical affairs, legal, and genetic counseling. You derive satisfaction-not frustration-from thoroughly describing a system for both technical and non-technical audiences
(feel very encouraged to apply even if not all are met)
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Biophysics, Physics, Statistics, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related discipline (work experience in biotech or healthcare industry is preferred but not required)
• Well versed in statistics and crafting arguments from first principles. Familiarity with common statistical distributions and analysis approaches, such as Bayesian statistics.
• Strong software skills, preferably with fluency in Python or R (experience with writing unit-tests/performing code review is a plus)
• Experience with Next Generation Sequencing preferred but not required
• Conversant in molecular biology and genetics
• Knowledge of validation studies in the context of molecular diagnostics is a plus
• A sense of humility and an eagerness to continue to learn and contribute to a supportive team
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
Apply Here: <a href="https://www.click2apply.net/KM4OwVtarkrw2cyymuX2YL">https://www.click2a…;
How to Apply
Apply Online:<a href="https://www.click2apply.net/KM4OwVtarkrw2cyymuX2YL">https://www.click2a…;