South San Francisco
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Myriad Genetics, Inc
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 1648
Job Schedule: Full time
We run one of the largest genome centers in the country and with that comes the necessity to maintain the quality of our testing. This development scientist role is part of our Translational Development team and is responsible for developing and transferring technologies from R&D to our CLIA laboratory. The role requires a wide breadth of knowledge in wet and dry bench skills and an eagerness to collaborate across multiple disciplines at Myriad Women's Health.
What you'll do
- Experimental design: carefully design experiments to ensure a smooth development process
- Process characterization and guardbanding: determine how close a prototype matches a specified end product through careful evaluation of its methods and ensure that it can operate with in tolerances suitable for a clinical lab
- Automated Method Development: work with an interdisciplinary team to convert manual methods to efficient automated methods
- Data Analysis: work with large genomic data sets
- Verification: determine if our new methods and products meet our designed specifications
- Validation: determine the analytical validity of any new changes to our methods or products.
- Monitoring: monitor the performance of newly released products and methods to ensure that we have delivered according to plan
- Data Analysis: present clear analysis on large data sets
- Process Optimization: develop new assay chemistries with the goal of minimizing cost and turnaround time while maintaining accuracy
- Project Management: lead cross-disciplinary teams to design, build, validate and launch new methods or products
- Given a problem with an unknown etiology, you will work with one or more teams to identify possible causes and risks, test the possibilities, and make the specifications to implement any of the necessary improvements.
- You have a PhD in Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering (or similar field), and/or significant independent bench experience (5+ years) as demonstrated by publications or prior employment
- You are familiar with next-gen sequencing protocols and operation of Illumina or Ion Torrent instruments, preferred
- You have advanced knowledge of principles, concepts and theories within your main discipline and you've developed some knowledge of processes outside current discipline.
- You're able to collaborate and coordinate effectively with at least 1-2 functions outside of R&D (i.e. automation, software engineering, etc.)
- Programming experience and/or training in statistics is highly preferred
- A strong desire to build extraordinary products.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
How to Apply