Inside Sales Specialist
3521 Investement Boulevard
Hayward, CA 94545
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and stock options.
Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing and commercializing breakthrough targeted sequencing solutions for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are looking for an Inside Sales Specialist who has a molecular biology background and enjoys working with customers. This role is ideal for someone who is looking to grow their career in biotech sales. The role involves engaging and qualifying new and existing customers, positioning our products to provide solutions to their projects and business needs, and partnering closely with other internal and field-based members of the sales team to achieve our sales objectives.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of Paragon Genomics’ technology and portfolio of products.
- Work with the sales team to establish and execute strategies for obtaining new customers and maintain and grow existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Make outbound contact with existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop solutions to issues and opportunities that may arise during customer negotiations.
- Responsible for following up on assigned leads and owning the entire sales process through closing.
- Work effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities.
- Manage customer relationships pre-and post-sale, including a strategy to develop long-term business relationships.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in a relevant field (e.g., Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry). Advanced degree (MBA, MS, Ph.D.) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a Life Science laboratory, Sales role, or related field with customer-facing experience.
- Foundational knowledge in Next Generation Sequencing workflows, terminology, platforms, and data reporting, especially target enrichment.
- Professional and high standards in personal presentation. Ability to represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
- Ability to manage relationships under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and think independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and listening skills are required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to achieve shared objectives while utilizing effective selling techniques.
- Ability to maintain a customer-centric, service-oriented mindset while maintaining enthusiasm and perseverance.
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills are required.
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills and be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner.
- Ability to travel less than 5% of the time (post-pandemic).
How to Apply
About Our Organization
About Paragon Genomics:
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex DNA, CleanPlex RNA, and CleanPlex UMI provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.