Instrument Manufacturing Engineer
5764 Pacific Center Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92121
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our San Diego location.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for an Instrument Manufacturing Engineer located in San Diego, CA.
The Instrument Manufacturing Engineer will be a key connecting point between Manufacturing, Systems Integration, Development, and the Field Service Engineering teams. This individual will be responsible for multiple aspects of the Onyx platform:
- Operations: Partner with our contract manufacturer to ensure cost, quality, and time objectives are met. Direct and perform final inspection of the Onyx platform. Assist with process and design changes at contract manufacturer. Partner with contract manufacturer to review specifications, process, and supply chain improvements and changes.
- Systems Integration and Development: Operations and contract manufacturer representative on instrument design changes, on consumable and instrument integration changes, and on protocol changes. From contract manufacturer, qualify and drive process, specification, and BOM changes to ensure upstream raw material and process changes do not impact customer workflows, biology, software, firmware, or integration of consumables.
- Field Service Engineering (Commercial): Partner with commercial team on field facing troubleshooting. Lead Operations involvement in sustaining and supporting FSE team. Point person for spares and field replacement units for FSE team.
- In conjunction with stakeholders, define, develop, and manage technical change management of an external supplier.
- Work with internal team and external contract manufacturer to work through technical problems relating to electro-mechanical systems.
- Work with existing and new vendors to lower materials cost through value engineering, reverse engineering, new design, alternative substitution, or relaxing of tolerance or standardizing of materials.
- Evaluate and adjust both in-process and end of line production specifications where needed.
- Link electromechanical test points and specifications at factory to field performance and specifications.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with suppliers, vendors, and shipping contacts throughout the product lifecycle.
- Communicate across the organization to help define and update supply chain requirements as the life cycle of the products evolve.
- Bachelors in an engineering or relevant science field with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical role with an emphasis on electromechanical skills is preferred.
- Strong technical background related environment with an emphasis on technical cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization is preferred.
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% between San Diego and Pleasanton for the next 18 months.
- Require approximately 20% travel to either the Bay Area or our Pleasanton, CA location.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta is a life science technology company enabling scientists to solve some of today’s most pressing challenges with the first benchtop system for genome editing. The company’s automated Onyx™ platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, assays, and software, makes CRISPR-based genome engineering accessible to any research lab. Inscripta supports its customers around the world from facilities in Boulder, Colo.; San Diego and Pleasanton, Calif.; and Copenhagen, Denmark. To learn more, visit Inscripta.com and follow @InscriptaInc.