9875 Towne Centre Dr
San Diego, CA 92121
Title: Specimen Handler / Accessioner
Position Type: Contract (must be able to work weekends)
- Prepare laboratory specimens for analysis and testing
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Accurately identify and label specimens
- Store excess specimen samples
- Resolve and document any problem specimens.
- Stocking of laboratory consumables and routine housekeeping functions.
- Careful and accurate documentation of work.
- Preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
The coronavirus is a Biosafety Level 2 disease (BSL2). Temporary employees are provided with the proper PPE including face shields, masks, lab coats, and gloves. We strictly enforce the use of PPE at all times in conjunction with frequent cleaning of all the laboratory areas and equipment. Weekly COVID testing is mandatory for everyone onsite, including temporary employees.
AM: 7:00 AM-3:30 PM
PM: 12:00 PM-8:30 PM
PERKS: Free lunch, access to gym, snacks
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus.
- Comfortable handling biological specimens.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of supporting cross-functional activities, and solid organizational skills.
- Ability to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to pass a color blindness test