Lead Manager / Associate Director of Statistical Genetics
Boston, MA 02101
- A highly competitive salary and meaningful equity compensation (ESOPs)
- A wide array of company-paid benefits
- Exceptional opportunities for learning and growth working alongside the world’s best team
- An opportunity to work alongside a bright, collegial, highly motivated team working at the intersection of the most exciting areas of science and technology.
As an Associate Director of Statistical Genetics, you will be responsible for leveraging large-scale genetic data-sets to find potential targets for oligonucleotide therapeutics. You will organize the activities of statistical genetics and computational biology scientists, recruit new candidates, and interface with other teams within and outside the target discovery department. The successful candidate is a self-driven individual who has excellent communication skills and possesses the emotional intelligence required to lead a team of highly talented members.
If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, let's work together!
What will you do?
- Prioritise large-scale genetic datasets that offer the greatest potential for target discovery
- Lead our efforts to find novel targets (and rediscover established ones) by applying variant effect predictors to whole genome sequencing data; and by optimizing and extending our fine mapping pipeline for GWAS result
- Collaborate with the curation science team and the validation team (within target discovery) to advance targets in our therapeutic pipeline
- Partner with the bioinformatics and software engineering team for cloud based data analysis and results visualization
- Provide input to the predictive systems department for the development of novel variant effect prediction models
- Build and manage the statistical genetics team
What do you bring?
- PhD in Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, or related discipline
- Extensive post-graduate experience (>5 years), including a solid publication record
- Multidisciplinary background and interests, conceptual understanding of machine learning
- Scientific leadership and/or mentorship experience
- An inspirational and energetic working style, coupled to the highest standards of scientific rigour and integrity
- Critical thinking, intellectual curiosity and commitment to innovation Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior management experience (including both technical/scientific leadership and people management)
- Industry experience with target discovery
How to Apply
Interested applicants may click on the link to apply:
About Our Organization
Founded in 2014, Deep Genomics is a drug development company that aims to revolutionize medicine by leveraging expertise in artificial intelligence (AI) and genome biology. With additional locations in Boston MA, we have built the world’s first, and by far the most advanced, AI platform that is able to untangle the enormous complexity of RNA biology and find the best targets, mechanisms, and molecules.
The thesis here at Deep Genomics is that everyone, at some point in their life, will face a genetic condition, whether Mendelian or complex, and we aim to be there for them with a genetically precise therapy. We take immense pride in our team of people whose backgrounds span a diverse range of disciplines including those found in a traditional biotechnology company, as well as machine learning, laboratory automation, and software engineering.
We are rapidly growing and are looking for key people to help us achieve our goals.