Finance Diagnostics and Genomics (DG) Field Controller
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
As a federal contractor and healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an accommodation has been granted for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Americas Diagnostics and Genomics (DG) Field Controller supports DG sales force in the delivery of over $450M of sales, on Research and Clinical markets and directly partners with the regional sales managers and staff.
He or she works with regional sales managers regional partners to establish industry leading business financial management structure, delivering on business objectives and driving efficiency in cost structure. Primary responsibilities are to provide financial leadership, support, and business consulting to the Pathology and Genomics Field teams. Immediate business partners are two regional sales managers – leading Genomics and Pathology sales forces – and their respective staff.
- Ensuring integrity of financial results through management of standardized financial planning and analysis.
- Championing Business Controls and Compliance and maintaining our relationships with key compliance partners, highlighting potential risk areas, as well as communicating and educating field organization on compliance requirements.
- Partnering with the Field Sales Management and staff to develop and implement strategies that drive the organization to achieve short and long term financial objectives and commitments.
- Leading by influencing field management and their staffs through analytical insight and education.
- Leverage reporting tools and resources to provide the right information for decision making.
- Geographic coverage of Americas Region and Corporate Account channel
- Driving integration of Diagnostics and Genomics sales teams financial and business management processes. Partnering with field management and support evolution of channel model, aligned with market requirements. Identify and drive materialization of synergies between the channels.
- As the shareholder advocate, we own financial integrity and support of following operational processes:
- Quota Setup twice year making sure that correct quota distribution is applied at Country - Channel – PL dimensions.
- Consult revenue recognition, discount, credit, and collections (with business partners).
- Demo inventory plan, monitoring aging to minimize write off.
- Strategic goal setting and converting the Field’s operational goals to financial plans.
- Sales channel performance analyses and recommendations
- Prepare and consolidate field invoiced revenue, field selling cost, sales admin, field/group marketing, HC and discount plans/forecasts.
- Partner with SU GMs and Controllers to provide education, transparency and consultation on field sales cost allocations
- Provide guidance on prices strategies changes in collaboration with WW pricing team and Sales Management.
- Financial period end closing activities - month, quarter and year-end -including pre and post close analysis
Job can be located anywhere in US, with some preference on major sites with DGG Presence.
- Bachelors or Masters degree or equivalent with 10+ years directly relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across geographical regions, cultures, and levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as business partner with senior leadership
- Strong grasp of key financial and accounting concepts with demonstrated ability to interpret policies and guide teams to ensure compliance
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with ability to draw sound conclusions from complex and ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead change and to translate analysis into actions working with business partners
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage complex assignments and work well under pressure
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written communication skills