Associate Product Manager – Clinical Diagnostics
37 Birch Street
Milford, MA 01757
This is a fully benefited position with Medical/Dental/Vision, generous time of package, 13 paid holidays, 401K and more!
The Associate Product Manager for LGC Clinical Diagnostics is responsible for supporting the company’s biochemistry and serology quality measurement tool product lines and assists the Senior Product Manager in the business’ current and future product and service offerings, and market expansion. Support activities include portfolio management, segmentation strategy, brand management, communications, and thought leadership.
- Champion the Voice of Customer.
- Assist in developing one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Work with the Senior Product Manager to create business cases with supporting financial models for portfolio growth initiatives.
- Develop product marketing strategy with the Senior Product Manager and provide input into the annual Marketing Budget.
- Assist in executing successful product launches while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Working with the Senior Product Manager and MarCom, monitor, evaluate and report on all marketing activity, assessing impact across revenue, share growth, ROI and equity metrics.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Analyze key market drivers and perform market analysis, including market size, market share, channel performance and competitive environment.
- Monitor the performance of the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle, identifying market gaps and product/ service enhancements.
- Employ formal and informal market research to monitor, identify and interpret changing customer attitudes, demands and unmet needs for global diagnostic products and services.
- Working with the Senior Product Manager and Technical Product Management, drive New Product Development interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales while maintaining launch timelines.
- Assist in developing segmentation strategies via a strong program of insight and understanding and feed this insight into strategic planning and impactful go-to-market strategies including product positioning, key benefits and target customers.
- Support the business’ growth with product and service offerings outside of its core lines.
- Assist the Senior Product Manager in the systematic planning, development and delivery of robust marketing strategies that align to the Business Plan and support the business’ efforts to meet revenue and EBIDTA financial targets.
- Engage with Sales, Business Development and Business Unit leads to align marketing activities in support of both existing business and growth plans across all customer and market segments.
- Work with the Senior Product Manager to provide input into corporate strategy development, including M&A activity.
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Define and validate a value proposition and messaging framework, informed by best-practice, to promote market development and support sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing Communications to leverage segmentation strategies for content development and implementation of tactical marketing activities supporting current products and new product launches meeting financial goals.
- Assist the Senior Product Manager, and work with MarCom, to implement a comprehensive digital equity strategy for the business, in areas including social media, SEO, PPC, e-Blasts and integrated digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Support the development of tools and techniques to drive indirect sales via In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) manufacturers and/or distribution channels.
- Assist in the development of a cohesive strategy for the engagement of key internal (including corporate) and external stakeholders, key influencers and opinion leaders, and external bodies and other partners for the advancement of LGC Clinical Diagnostics in our applied markets.
- Promote an environment supportive of teamwork, positive communication, and respect.
- Build strong relationships with sales, business development, technical and operations teams.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated ability to navigate quickly across complex strategic, commercial and regulatory terrain and make well-reasoned decisions.
- Highly effective analytical and financial skills, with a demonstrated ability to prepare business cases and support them with financial justification.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with complex product portfolios and product lifecycles.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in marketing planning and execution, with outstanding commercial and marketing literacy and a track-record of developing business cases and delivering on them.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with effective meeting and presentation skills.
- Sound creative judgement, including the ability to write compelling, relevant and distinctive briefs for use inside and outside the business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others, including managing complex projects and directing activities of multidisciplinary teams.
- Narrative / storytelling ability to inspire and excite others around key recommendations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Medical Technology or related scientific discipline.
- 1-3+ years of product management /marketing and/or clinical laboratory experience.
- Strong history of supporting successful global product launches.
- Clinical diagnostic industry experience preferred with a focus on quality control.
How to Apply
Please apply directly to our open position: https://www.seracare.com/about-seracare/careers/?…
About Our Organization
LGC Clinical Diagnostics Business Unit is comprised of our operating entities including LGC Clinical Diagnostics, Inc. (f/k/a Maine Standards Company & SeraCare Life Sciences), Technopath Clinical Diagnostics and the Native Antigen Company. Our 400+ employees operate FDA-registered and ISO 13485-accredited facilities in Maine (USA), Massachusetts (USA), Maryland (USA), Tipperary (Ireland), and an ISO 9001-accredited facility in Oxford, UK. LGC Clinical Diagnostics is owned by LGC Group, a UK-headquartered life sciences measurement and testing business with >$510m of annual revenue and >3,500 employees globally.
We are committed to improving patient healthcare by offering products and services that support accurate and reliable diagnostic results.