Digital Business Strategist
6779 Mesa Ridge
Rd # 100
San Diego, CA 92121
As a federal contractor and healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an accommodation has been granted for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Come and join the Cell Analysis Division (CLSD), one of Agilent's fastest growing businesses responsible for our broad portfolio of market-leading cell analysis instruments, software, and consumables. CLSD is embarking on our next stage of transformative growth that will require greater synergies across our product lines to enable a customer-centric digital ecosystem. We are looking for a highly motivated and capable individual to shape and lead our digital transformation.
Digital continues to be an important area of growth and on-going investment for Agilent. As our Digital Business Strategist, you will be responsible for the definition, coordination, and deployment of a differentiated division-wide digital lab strategy in partnership with broader enterprise roadmaps. Using your extensive customer and market knowledge as well as an understanding of the latest digital technologies and business model innovations you will collaborate with a broad range of groups to lead the digital transformation of the biological lab.
In this new role, you will be a key member of the Portfolio Management Office reporting directly into the Associate Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Portfolio with direct access and visibility to the leadership team across the business. You will collaborate with leaders from Marketing, Digital, R&D, and Field teams to create a framework that will guide various project teams to investigate and drive the development of new products, processes, and technologies for customers in the cell analysis space. Success will be defined and measured on the deployment and adoption of the digital strategy and the overall growth and success of our business.
- Work with Division stakeholders and corporate team members to define, specify and coordinate the rollout of our Cell Analysis Digital Lab Strategy
- Research and define best in class digital tools, to integrate processes, analytics, data storage, e-commerce, and new digital solutions to improve synergy, accessibility and integration of products and processes
- Facilitate design and development of high-level architectures using broad engineering concepts and research techniques especially in cloud and SaaS
- Document, research and propose design specifications in coordination with corporate and business strategy
- Investigate digital technologies and stay updated on trends impacting customers in the cell analysis space
- Develop best in class Digital Ecosystem Roadmap in alignment with business stakeholders with a natural ability to communicate the vision to various audiences
- Develop and maintain relationships with key leaders in the organization. Understand key business strategies and serve as a chief advocate for the business on various committees
- Oversee the delivery of key digital programs and initiatives
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes, and structures to ensure successful change management and adoption
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience defining software product strategy and roadmaps
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work across multiple functions, businesses, and geographies to help coordinate to meet project requirements, timelines, and product quality goals
- Ability and desire to work across all phases of software development (SDLC) from requirements gathering to deployment of complex large-scale systems
- Have demonstrated the ability to interface with Product Marketing, Product Owners to resolve conflicts, propose alternatives and find innovative solutions
- Experience interfacing with customers, partners, and executives (internal and external)
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand new tools, processes, and technologies
- Experience influencing cross-organizational, cross-geographical teams
- 8+ years of strategic program experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience in facilitating agile software development within a team (Scrum)
- Working knowledge of Life Sciences Data Systems and/or LIMS
- Experience with applications in cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the XaaS hierarchy