Senior Scientist, Organic Chemistry
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences is seeking an experienced and highly motivated synthetic organic chemist to further the development and understanding of our single molecule, real-time DNA sequencing technology. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience designing, synthesizing, purifying, and analyzing various fluorescently labeled compounds for bio-assays. Prior experience in the synthesis and modification of fluorescent dyes and conjugation of dyes to biologically active molecules is highly desirable. Additional skills in nucleotide, surface, or polymer chemistry are also valuable. The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- 2 or more years of postdoctoral or industrial experience, preferably in the life sciences area
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience in fluorescent dye chemistry or nucleotide chemistry
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques such as LCMS, NMR, absorption and emission spectroscopy
- Knowledge of photophysics and/or photochemistry would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of fluorescence and its application would be helpful
- A basic knowledge of molecular biology and biochemistry is desirable
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team of scientists
- Attention to detail, careful record-keeping, a high level of organization, and good verbal and written communication skills
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.