Strategic Marketing Director
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
As a healthcare company committed to protecting the health and safety for our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an accommodation has been granted for a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Group are searching for a Strategic Marketing Director for the Genomics division!
- Own application strategy for the Genomics business, specifically for oncology, human genetics, and life science research, covering all of genomics’ product portfolio
- Help define vision and strategy for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) applications and workflow, in clinical genetics and oncology
- Be the common thread, influencing product/technology and marketing through the applications' lens (oncology and genetics)
- Formulate (& own) the integrated strategically focused segment marketing plans and drive socialization and execution with marketing and other key partners
- Help guide product development and commercial decisions through strategic alignment and data analysis
- Lead application specific business intelligence and data analytics function for genomics marketing
- Actively monitor, analyze, and report performance data for our focus application areas
- Mentor product managers with on market analysis, financial models, and other strategic and analytical initiatives
- Engage internal partners from Agilent corporate and other divisions, serving as the gatekeeper of genomics segment marketing strategy
- Work closely with product, outbound and field marketing groups, to ensure alignment between strategy and execution
- Bachelors, Masters or higher degree in business, science, or a related field. MBA is preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience, in the life science or related field; Previous management consulting experience in life science and/or healthcare sector is preferred
- Experience and expertise in NGS is a plus
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills are required. Ability to convey and sell Agilent’s strategic vision and market strategy, to internal and external partners.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% domestic & international business travel.