NGS Sales Specialist - Northeast US
Hayward, CA 94545
Paragon Genomics offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible spending account, 401K, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and stock options.
Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing life sciences company developing and commercializing breakthrough targeted sequencing solutions for next-generation sequencing (NGS). We are looking for a talented NGS Sales Specialist who will grow market presence and sales by identifying market opportunities, contacting and building relationships with CLIA labs for their lab-developed NGS tests and pharmaceutical/biotech companies for their companion diagnostics programs. You must have a proven NGS sales track record (particularly oncology).
- Responsible for the business development and sales of Paragon Genomics’ sequencing solutions with CLIA labs, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies.
- Demonstrate technical credibility to consult with customers on Paragon Genomics’ technology solutions and deliver technical talks highlighting value propositions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of markets, products, and buying practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Develop and manage to a business plan to achieve or exceed business goals for the territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage the sales process including prospecting, closing, sales forecasting, and pipeline management.
- Support educational, sales, or promotional events, and conferences.
- Work closely with the technical team on customer acquisition and support, and ensure that customers are fully satisfied.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background
- Four-year degree in a relevant field (e.g. Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry). Advanced degree (MBA, MS, Ph.D.) preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in sales or business development within the Life Science / Clinical Diagnostics industry with proven success.
- Extensive knowledge in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows, terminology, platforms, and data reporting, especially target enrichment.
- Professional and high standards in personal presentation. Ability to represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
- Ability to manage relationships under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and think independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and listening skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to achieve shared objectives while utilizing effective selling techniques.
- Ability to maintain a customer-centric, service-oriented mindset while maintaining enthusiasm and perseverance.
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills required.
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills and be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner.
- Ability to travel 40% or more of the time (post-pandemic).
How to Apply
About Our Organization
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Paragon Genomics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Paragon Genomics:
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Paragon Genomics is a fast-growing precision medicine company. Our patented targeted sequencing technologies CleanPlex DNA, CleanPlex RNA, and CleanPlex UMI provide comprehensive solutions to precision diagnostics in oncology, infectious disease, inherited disease, reproductive health, neurology, cardiology, and many other applications. Our technologies and products have been adopted by hundreds of prominent Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) labs globally. With our platforms, we can efficiently and rapidly produce unique and customized next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays to meet the needs of researchers, testing labs, and biopharma precision medicine projects.
The Company was selected by a distinguished panel into the California Life Science Association F.A.S.T. Program in March 2016 and was accepted into the prestigious Stanford StartX Medicine Accelerator Program in September 2016.