Lab Coordinator and Maintenance Technician
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent Laboratories is seeking a lab coordinator and maintenance technician to collaboratively support our scientists and engineers who are pursuing life sciences research as part of an innovative, multidisciplinary team developing novel technologies. Your primary focus will be to install, maintain, repair and enhance the wide variety of instrumentation and equipment currently in use in our mechanical, electrical, optical, chemical and biological laboratories. You will schedule and perform regular maintenance and calibration, troubleshoot, test and repair equipment, keep service contracts current, and maintain inventories of needed supplies. You may need to conduct experiments to validate the equipment is fully functional. You will determine when to work with external service providers for the more complex repairs and calibrations. You will install, update and maintain laboratory computers. You will be the key interface to internal and external service organizations for upgrades to the laboratory infrastructure and for laboratory safety and cleanliness. You will work with our researchers and facilities to order, install and test new equipment. You will document your work. In this way, the successful candidate will help Agilent Laboratories continue its track record of powering the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology for applications across life sciences research, translational research, molecular diagnostics, and clinical pathology.
Agilent is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. We provide instruments, reagents and consumables, software and applications expertise to life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide. You can learn more about Agilent, the markets it serves, and Agilent Laboratories at http://www.agilent.com/about/companyinfo/index.html
- 3+ years of relevant experience which may be higher education, experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, calibrating, and repairing a wide variety of lab equipment, or a combination of experience and education
- Ability to maintain service contracts and work with equipment service providers
- Ability to keep inventories of needed lab supplies
- Ability to maintain documentation
- Able to order, install, update Windows 10 computers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively
- Must be a self-starter, work well with a wide variety of people and accept responsibility
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work safely in many different environments including mechanical, electrical, optical, chemical, and biological laboratories.
- Willing to learn and able to follow detailed instructions
- Understanding of technical aspects of electronic equipment, its operation, repair, and maintenance
- Experience maintaining documentation and service contracts, in coordination with service providers, and keeping inventories
- Experience using diagnostic equipment such as voltmeters
- Experience performing high complexity maintenance and repair of analytical equipment (such as LC-MS, HPLC, etc.)
- Experience maintaining complex biological instrumentation (such as plate readers, imagers, microscopes, pipettes, cell culture equipment, flow cytometers etc.) and working with service personnel to ensure they are working properly for biological samples