Administrative Assistant, Facilities
One Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Facilities Department. The Facilities Department manages the day to day maintenance, security, safety, and construction activities for all of our campuses and properties. The core duties and responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant revolve around supporting the Chief Facilities Officer to ensure the Department is operating efficiently in support of our academic and research faculty, staff and visitors.
Other responsibilities include the following:
· Answer phones and greet visitors
· Coordinate meetings as needed with Board of Trustees, Scientific and Executive Administrative Assistants
· Coordinate and schedule staff meetings and prepare meeting minutes for distribution
· Aid with departmental payroll processing
· Provide backup to Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory’s main switchboard and directing questions to appropriate departments
· Provide indirect administrative support to managerial and professional staff in Facilities Department
· Assist in creating travel arrangements and generating itineraries
· Provides direct customer service for the Facilities Department which includes generating work orders, issuing parking permits, making photo ID’s, and other tasks as assigned
· Manages policies and procedures for the Facilities Department
· Prepares and drafts documents and correspondence as requested
· Performs additional administrative tasks as required by the Chief Facilities Officer
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
3 years administrative support experience. Education may be substituted for up to 2 years’ experience.
· Requires excellent communication, written, organizational, computer, and administrative skills
· Requires a cheery disposition and work in a team environment
· Requires exceptional attention to detail
· Requires intermediate computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet)
· Familiarity with business system software (Lawson, PeopleSoft, Procore etc.) desired
· Familiarity with payroll time and attendance software (e.g., Kronos) desired
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position online at:
About Our Organization
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at https://www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor