Director of Immuno-oncology
505 South Rosa Road
Madison, WI 53719
Include a competitive compensation and benefits package composed of health and dental benefits, 401k match, stock option grants, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a generous bonus plan and relocation assistance. At Invenra, we believe in maintaining the highest ethical standards and ensuring that all employees have a good work-life balance.
Invenra is committed to a diverse workforce. We believe every individual brings their own unique experience, and these experiences foster innovation and success. We are enthusiastically inclusive of age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, and military service.
Invenra is seeking a Director of Immuno-oncology. In this critical role, you will be responsible for managing a team that is investigating the in vitro and in vivo pharmacology aspects of drug discovery programs, advancing the programs to IND, and supporting mechanisms of action and new indications of molecules in the clinic. You will collaborate closely with both internal and external scientists. In this position, you will report to the Senior Vice President of Research & Development and will actively participate in the expansion of the Immuno-Oncology team.
- Design and execute in vivo studies (e.g., syngeneic, humanized mouse models, GEMMs, adoptive transfer systems) aimed at drug discovery in the immuno-oncology space.
- Execute in vitro and secondary ex vivo cell-based assays across various technology platforms (e.g., flow cytometry, imaging, IO-related culture systems).
- Work closely with the Protein Engineering, Antibody Discovery, Analytics, and Bioprocess groups to plan and implement candidate antibody generation, translational research, and cell line development.
- Interface with external partners, clinical and academic collaborators, and CROs.
- Provide updates and advice to Immuno-oncology group, project teams and senior management, including evaluation of data and their potential impact on drug programs and clinical/regulatory strategy.
- Create and give presentations at relevant scientific meetings and conferences
- Build and lead the expanding immunology team.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- PhD in Immunology, Pharmacology, Cell Biology, or related field.
- 10+ years of post-graduate experience; at least 5 of these years must be in biotech or biopharmaceutical industry setting.
- Extensive knowledge of immuno-oncology and tumor biology.
- Extensive experience leading the in vitro and in vivo pharmacology aspects of immuno-oncology drug discovery and development from target biology and validation to IND-enabling studies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively across multi-functional groups.
- Demonstrated experience in managing scientists and their respective teams.
- Experience with tumor associated immune cell-based functional assays (activation, differentiation, proliferation, suppression, target cell killing), cytokine analysis, primary cell isolation and differentiation, basic molecular biology (ELISA, western blot) and tissue culture techniques.
- Demonstrated experience using creative and novel approaches to solving scientific problems.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience drafting preclinical research reports and preclinical IND section is a plus.
Note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
We are a rapidly expanding and well-funded biotechnology company focused on employing cutting edge protein engineering and multi-specific antibodies to discover therapeutic solutions to challenging diseases. At Invenra, we start with biology, then employ our extensive technology toolbox and efficient discovery engine to design and create first- and best-in-class drug candidates. Using our proprietary B-BODY™, SNIPER™ and CLUSTR™ technologies, we have generated a robust pipeline of next-generation multi-specific antibodies to address unmet therapeutic needs in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity. Invenra’s employee-focused management and flexible work environment creates a culture of energy and innovation where everyone makes a difference, and everyone benefits from success. For more information, please visit www.invenra.com.