Senior Scientist- Antigen Sciences
505 South Rosa Road
Madison, WI 53719
Include a competitive compensation and benefits package composed of health and dental benefits, 401k match, stock option grants, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a generous bonus plan and relocation assistance. At Invenra, we believe in maintaining the highest ethical standards and ensuring that all employees have a good work-life balance.
Invenra is committed to a diverse workforce. We believe every individual brings their own unique experience, and these experiences foster innovation and success. We are enthusiastically inclusive of age, race, creed, color, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, and military service.
Invenra is seeking a highly motivated individual with a diverse background in protein expression, and purification to join the team as an antigen scientist. The successful candidate will work closely with the antibody discovery, and protein design groups to build custom antigens needed for selections, immunizations, or data collection. A strong desire to work in a lab setting, troubleshoot expression and purification of complex proteins, and an ability to thrive in an environment of new challenges are critical. This position reports to the Director of Protein Engineering.
- Work closely with the antibody discovery and protein design scientists to identify antigen reagents that will facilitate the identification and characterization novel and high-quality binder sequences.
- Coordinate the ordering, expression, purification, and storage of antigen proteins and their gene sequences to support the diverse needs of the functional groups at Invenra.
- Implement antigen-specific analytical strategies in conjunction with our analytics team to ensure antigen quality and determine what should be used in selections or immunization.
- Enable new expression platforms like yeast, insect, etc. as needed.; OR expand our capabilities for structural modeling and design of novel target sequences.
- Expand the overall knowledge of Invenra in the areas of protein biochemistry and difficult targets.
- Maintain rigorous notes to track data for antigens that will be used to develop the next generation of high impact drugs.
- Present your work externally through internal meeting, external conferences, and/or publications.
- Serve as point of contact and “champion” for one or more internal projects.
- Lead a portion of the scientific direction for the antigen group; this may include management of 1-2 employees.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Ph.D. OR Master’s degree in biological sciences or a related field
- Must have 3+ years post graduate experience (with Ph.D.) OR 7+ years post graduate experience (with M.S.) in academia, biotechnology, or biopharmaceuticals.
- In depth knowledge of various methods for protein purification (affinity, Ion exchange, etc.) and the use of FPLC.
- Diverse experience in biochemistry, protein purification, and characterization.
- Strong critical analysis skills.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience across multiple expression platforms, such as E. coli, yeast, insect, mammalian is a significant plus.
- Experience working with synthetic peptides is an advantage.
- Experience with advanced modeling software (Rosetta, BioLuminate, etc.) is also advantageous.
Note: All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
We are a rapidly expanding and well-funded biotechnology company focused on employing cutting edge protein engineering and multi-specific antibodies to discover therapeutic solutions to challenging diseases. At Invenra, we start with biology, then employ our extensive technology toolbox and efficient discovery engine to design and create first- and best-in-class drug candidates. Using our proprietary B-BODY™, SNIPER™ and CLUSTR™ technologies, we have generated a robust pipeline of next-generation multi-specific antibodies to address unmet therapeutic needs in immuno-oncology and autoimmunity. Invenra’s employee-focused management and flexible work environment creates a culture of energy and innovation where everyone makes a difference, and everyone benefits from success. For more information, please visit www.invenra.com.