Field Applications Specialist
Huntsville, AL 35806
PACBIO EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
PacBio’s success was built on innovation. Our future success is dependent on the continuation of this tradition, and we can only achieve this goal by working in teams that foster diversity, creativity, and high performance. Our employees largely contribute to our success, and we understand the value that a comprehensive benefits package holds for our employees and their families.
While specific benefit offerings vary by country, we strive to provide:
- Competitive coverage. Plans that reflect current market practice and the level and type of benefits that companies like PacBio provide.
- Flexibility. PacBio recognizes the diversity of our employee population and has benefit choices that meet a wide variety of needs.
- Quality. PacBio strives to contract with leading health and benefits carrier partners who maintain high standards of service.
- Financial protection. Insurance and retirement plans that help keep you in good financial shape.
The following summarizes programs offered in the U.S.
Healthcare and Insurance Plans
- Choice of HMO, PPO, and High Deductible medical plans
- Health Savings Account, which includes employer funding
- Comprehensive dental and vision plans
- Employee assistance program
- Company-paid accident and life insurance programs, with options to purchase additional coverage at group coverage rates to further support and protect employees and their families
- Company-paid travel accidental death and dismemberment plan
- Company-paid short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursements
- Pre-Tax Commuter Transit and Parking Spending Accounts
- Shuttle service to and from local Caltrain stations
- Bike lockers and shower facilities
- Electric car charging stations (FOC)
- Competitive pay including incentive and equity programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible team members the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
- 401(k) Retirement plan
Time Off Programs
- We welcome flexible work arrangements, subject to specifics of the role
- Generous holiday schedule
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- New Parent Leave
- Wellness program with valuable health incentive opportunities
- Annual health fair
- Vaccination clinics
- Fully equipped on-campus fitness center
- Certified instructor-led fitness classes
- Course curriculum available through LinkedIn Learning
- Quarterly patent awards program
- Onsite cafeteria
- Food trucks
- Coffee bars
- BAGs (happy hours)
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Field Applications Scientist (FAS) with a strong customer focus to support installations, training, validation, and implementation for customers and collaborators using SMRT sequencing technology with the Sequel and Sequel II Instrumentation systems.
The ability to communicate with customers both pre- and post-sales, interact with marketing, internal support and development, and communicate results to diverse audiences are important aspects of this role. In addition, pre-sales and post-sales activities will be conducted in conjunction with our Sales organization.
This individual will be working in a fast-paced commercial environment, interacting with customers as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds. This individual is a partner to the customer in the understanding and analysis of data derived through the use of our 3rd generation sequencing platform.
Looking to fill a position in Huntsville, AL USA. The candidate must live near an international airport.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to effectively utilize the Sequel system instruments in their laboratories
- Work with Technical Support team to provide timely technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Work with Account Managers to identify business opportunities, understand customer research needs, and position appropriate PacBio products and solutions
- Assist Sales team in conducting scientific presentations to internal and external audiences for pre- and post-sales activities
- Work with Market Development team to define/develop models for competitive positioning of Single Molecule Sequencing Real-Time (SMRT™) technology
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and key opinion leaders in assigned territory
- Be a customer-minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns
- Able to efficiently problem-solve and overcome technical challenges in the field
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities across functions to support customer requirements
- Assess the customer’s experimental needs and implement training, experimental designs, and analytical approaches to ensure customer success and communicate results to appropriate internal teams
- Assist in the development of technical documentation and training presentations
- Provide scientific and applications feedback to R&D, Product Marketing, and Sales teams. Work with these teams to continually improve workflows to support the use of the PacBio platforms.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or have equivalent experience in Molecular Biology/Genetics, Biochemistry
- 2+ years of experience in field applications and pre-/post-sales customer support; and in installation, training, validation, implementation, and application of next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Experience in operating next-generation DNA sequencing instruments and assays
- Experienced in molecular biology/molecular genetics, and biochemistry laboratory techniques
- Experienced in analysis of DNA sequencing data
- Experienced with common DNA sequence analysis tools and workflows such as sequence alignment, genome visualization, comparative genomics, sequence/structural variation discovery, and epigenetics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Experienced in conducting scientific presentations to internal and external audiences for pre- and post-sales activities
- Familiarity with the scientific publication process and associated experimental design requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Demonstrates excellent documentation skills; exhibits thoroughness and attention to detail to ensure that job tasks are completed with a high level of quality
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other field team members
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
Please apply at: link to application
About Our Organization
At Pacific Biosciences (NASDAQ: PACB), we are passionate about developing high-quality, innovative technologies and systems that impact areas of critical importance, including human biomedical research, plant and animal sciences, and microbiology and infectious disease studies. Our unique long-read gene sequencing technology generates complete and accurate data, giving scientist more insights. We believe our tools will lead to advances that will create long-lasting benefits for the world and its future.