Vice President, Engineering [RD2148 Eng (MG)]
5720 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This role could work out of any of our locations.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Vice President of Engineering which can be located in either our Boulder CO, San Diego or Pleasanton CA office.
Inscripta is looking for Vice President of Engineering to scale, train, and lead an instrument and consumables engineering design organization for the next phase of Inscripta’s growth.
Reporting to the CTO of Inscripta, the selected candidate will provide oversight for the entire hardware engineering organization. The candidate must have the vision and experience and motivation to lead a team focused on developing and commercializing instrumentation platforms, consumables, and workflows for breakthrough CRISPR applications. They must also combine impressive technical leadership, excellence in people management and commitment to the highest standards of program execution, to operate successfully within a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary Product Development team. This individual will build an industry leading operation through the recruitment and training of premiere engineering talent.
The selected candidate will work with an extremely talented group of people both within and across disciplines including cell biology, biochemistry, microfluidics, software engineering, and computational biology. The collective goal is to invent and develop new tools that empower scientists to enable CRISPR technologies and leverage their creativity, and research experience to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering tools in a highly innovative, team-oriented, fast-paced R&D environment.
- 15-25 years of hardware engineering experience within a fast-paced-collaborative environment, with demonstrated ability to commercialize instrumentation platforms.
- Substantial experience scaling and building highly technical hardware/product development teams including the management of Contract Engineering organizations.
- Ability to lead integration of mechanical, electrical, optical, and fluidics projects that result in sophisticated yet elegant and robust products.
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop and retain top talent while providing mentorship and career advancing opportunities.
- Leadership skills in a focused product development environment, which involves project and functional organization; ability to motivate an organization to act, and rigor associated with product development principles.
- Establish credibility and influence with executive leadership and peers across the organization using clear, concise and authoritative written and oral communications. Collaborate effectively across departments, fostering a culture of trust, openness and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively to meet deadlines and to make progress with multiple project and functional priorities.
- Demonstrated listening and synthesizing skills.
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in an Engineering field.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Inscripta is a life science technology company enabling scientists to solve some of today’s most pressing challenges with the first benchtop system for genome editing. The company’s automated Onyx™ platform, consisting of an instrument, consumables, assays, and software, makes CRISPR-based genome engineering accessible to any research lab. Inscripta supports its customers around the world from facilities in Boulder, Colo.; San Diego and Pleasanton, Calif.; and Copenhagen, Denmark. To learn more, visit Inscripta.com and follow @InscriptaInc.