Scientific Consultant, Molecular Diagnostics Point-of-care
1003 Health sciences Rd
Irvine, CA 92617
As a Scientific Consultant, you will be involved in the planning, design and development of multiplex nucleic acid tests under general guidance from a team leader. An understanding of the in vitro diagnostics industry and life science methodologies are helpful to fulfill the responsibilities of the role, which include:
• Provide scientific/technical expertise and advises on topics pertaining to multiplex nucleic acid test/primer and probe design and proof of principle for in vitro diagnostics, molecular diagnostic assay development. Consult regarding assessments of strategies and project approaches to client questions/projects.
• Communicates effectively in a timely manner regarding technical, scientific and other project-related issues and progress
• Provide technical guidance in resolving challenging issues related to analytical methods
• Provide set project plan and prepare Statement of Work (SOW) document for each client request as needed
Qualifications and Required Skills
• Doctoral (Ph.D. or MD/PhD) level degree in biological sciences, translational biology, molecular biology, genomics or similar scientific and/or technical subject area
• Expertise in the molecular diagnostic space with hands-on experience in isothermal or related amplification technology assay or product development
• Experience with multiplexing and semi-quantitative and/or quantitative molecular assay development is preferred
• General familiarity with bioinformatics a plus
• Ability to present complex topics simply and rationally
• Demonstrable analytical, interpretive, and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with individuals at all levels within the organization
• Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the molecular diagnostic and point-of-care industries
How to Apply
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
About Our Organization
Showa Denko Materials is a global materials company specializing in a broad array of advanced materials products such as mobility and 5G materials, telecommunications components, aluminum and ceramic specialty materials, industrial gases, coating materials, and energy storage products. Advanced materials from Showa Denko are the "Intel inside" for products such as 5G, custom wiring boards, polymers and lithium energy storage.
Applications of SDM technologies such as electronic, mobility and chip based technologies in the life sciences has risen greatly in recent years, creating strategic synergies with this segment. Acquisitions in life sciences include a global regenerative medicine business, a Tokyo based Japanese immunoassay company with market leadership in the diabetes segment, and an allergy business based in Mountain View, CA.
The role of the Translational Diagnostics Division, based on the University of California Irvine campus, is to identify compelling clinical needs, and develop or partner to commercialize translational technologies to meet these needs.