Technical Sales Trainer
10182 Telesis Ct.
San Diego, CA 92121
Medical, Dental, vision
Flexible Spending Account
Summary of Role:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Sales Trainer to join our growing team. This role is responsible for the continued development of our high-performing sales team. This role will provide training content that is delivered through both LIVE in-house and virtual courses to develop a world-class sales force. In addition, this position will oversee important activities such as the ongoing development of a training curriculum and associated materials focused on selling skills and product knowledge including system specifications and competitive systems information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and continually enhancing a training curriculum that includes sales training programs based on experience/knowledge levels (Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced)
- Coordinating and lead training classes, including incorporation of speakers (Sales Managers, Product Development Staff and Surgeons) and the facilitation of the discussions involving those speakers
- Creating training materials that enhance the learning process, including study guides, home study materials, assessments, frequently asked questions (FAQs), probing questions, competitive overviews, etc.
- Assisting of sales management, delivering a sales model, effectively teaching it to sales representatives, and testing for competence
- Developing and managing an extended learning program that allows for continued learning of sales representatives.
- Assisting sales management in the creation and execution of a development program for each direct sales representative
- Partnering with product development on the creation of training modules for specific products and product launches
- Ensure compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance.
- 5+ years of Biotech industry sales training experience
- Exemplary communication and facilitation skills
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Thrives in a start-up, rapidly growing company environment.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical skills with proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Science, Education or Business-related discipline
- This position is based in our San Diego, CA office. This role requires the ability to report to the office 5 days per week.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift to 15 pounds required
How to Apply
Please apply using the link below:
About Our Organization
About Codex DNA:
Our mission is to apply our breakthroughs in automation solutions for DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis to enable customers to program and "write" synthetic biology that creates sustainable healthcare and technology solutions for some of humanity’s biggest challenges. Our gene synthesis portfolio reduces the turnaround time for synthesizing workflows from weeks and months to days and hours, and includes the BioXp™ system, DNA services, Gibson Assembly® reagents, and Vmax™ chemically competent cells. In addition to automating, accelerating, and optimizing DNA design, synthesis, cloning and amplification, Codex DNA and the BioXp™ system ensure your designs stay in your hands, marrying speed and security for innovators in drug discovery, vaccine development, precision medicine, and beyond.