Senior Director, Product Management (San Diego, CA or Oxford, UK)
5627 Oberlin Dr. Suite 120.
San Diego, CA 92121
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Director, Product Management will be responsible for building and leading a team responsible for commercializing a portfolio of next-generation sequencing (NGS) application kits for epigenetic and genomic research based on the company’s breakthrough TAPS technology. This role will lead the effort to make TAPS the new gold-standard for methylation research. This role will work with the R&D teams to establish product roadmaps and progress associated development programs, drive the development of short- and long-term strategy for the TAPS product portfolio, and create and execute commercialization plans ensuring successful and timely entry of individual products into the market. This could include striking deals with various partners to expedite establishing TAPS in the market at scale. Separately, The Senior Director, Product Management will also help to establish bio-pharma collaborations with various partners, where TAPS will analyze samples from the partners’ clinical trials. Importantly, beyond the opportunities in research, this role will help to guide the development of TAPS in Exact Sciences’ clinical product portfolio. Depending on the candidate and their appetite, there will also be opportunities to create value beyond TAPS in both the RUO and clinical markets.
The place of work is United Kingdom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the planning and execution of product, portfolio, and go-to-market strategies; informed by a deep understanding of current and future customer needs and market trends.
- Collaborate with research and development teams to develop product roadmaps and drive execution of those roadmaps to meet revenue targets and achieve other strategic goals.
- Engage external KOLs to understand customer needs, product requirements, and market trends.
- Champion the TAPS technology and associated products with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and manage collaboration opportunities with strategic labs, healthcare facilities, and industry partners.
- Communicate market information internally to inform Exact Sciences’ Innovation product development, regulatory, and commercialization strategies.
- Recruit, develop, coach, and mentor a high performing product management team to enable successful commercialization of a range of impactful products.
- Provide direct support for tactical product management activities, as required, in the initial phase of role.
- Work with the development team to translate user needs into product requirements and design inputs.
- Communicate effectively with R&D, commercial teams, executive leadership, and other stakeholders to share market insights, champion the TAPS technology and product strategy, and report business progress.
- Assess partners that can help expedite the path to market at scale and strike deals with partners, where appropriate.
- Identify and build collaborations with a range of biopharma partners, where TAPS and Exact Sciences’ other technologies can be used to analyze clinical samples.
- Assess new market opportunities and technologies that could further augment Exact Sciences’ clinical, research, and biopharma programs.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work well in a cross-functional environment.
- Creative thinker with demonstrated analytical and data-driven decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities at once.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ph.D. in Life Science; or Master’s Degree in Life Science with 2 years of related experience in lieu of Ph.D.; or Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science with 4 years of related experience in lieu of Ph.D.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience including a track record in product management with experience in developing strategic marketing plans and product requirements for a range of products.
- Demonstrated track record in product management with demonstrated ability to develop strategic marketing plans and product requirements for a range of products.
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading effective teams.
- Ability to communicate requirements and negotiate priorities internally and across the organisation.
- Ability to network with existing and new customer base to define product requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Right to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Please apply via: https://international-exactsciences.icims.com/job…
About Our Organization
Exact Sciences is a leading, global, advanced cancer diagnostics company.
We aim to eradicate cancer and the suffering it causes through tests that help prevent cancer, detect it earlier, and guide treatment.
At the end of 2020, we acquired Base Genomics – an innovative start-up working to set a new standard in DNA methylation
Together we are forming an Exact Sciences center of innovation based in Oxford, and are going through an exciting growth period.