Global Product Manager - Rapid Immunoassay
9975 Summers Ridge Rd.
San Diego, CA 92121
Quidel is dedicated to offering attractive benefits that enhance employees' quality of life. These benefits are designed to offer employees a menu of options so that each employee may select benefits most meaningful to his/her personal situation. We consider our benefit plans to be an important component of total compensation for our employees.
Medical, Dental and Vision
Our employees are provided with comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, including prescription coverage, chiropractic, mental health, and orthodontia benefits. Employees pay a modest portion of premiums for the coverage they elect. Family coverage is available and coverage is effective on the first day of employment.
Quidel's Savings and Retirement Plan (401k) gives employees the opportunity to invest for their future by allowing contributions to a variety of funds on a tax-deferred basis. To maximize an employee's retirement savings, Quidel matches 50% of employee contributions up to 6% of annual income. The maximum deferral amount an employee is allowed is governed by IRS regulations.
You can receive up to $5,250 per calendar year for education/tuition reimbursement from Quidel.
In order to protect employees not able to work due to illness or disability, Quidel provides income replacement programs including Sick Time, Long Term Disability, and Workers Compensation (for work incurred injuries).
All Quidel employees receive a Basic Life/AD&D benefit upon hire. Additional optional Life Benefits are also available for employees, their spouse, and children.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Upon meeting certain eligibility requirements, Quidel employees are eligible to participate in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. This plan allows employees to share in the success of the company by purchasing discounted stock through payroll deductions.
Flexible Benefit Spending Plan
This program allows for deductions on a pre-tax basis to pay for certain healthcare and dependent care expenses.
Employees start accruing vacation hours upon hire. Accrual rates are based upon an employee's years of service.
Quidel observes 11 paid holidays each calendar year.
Employee Assistance Program
All Quidel employees and members of their households are eligible to utilize a confidential Employee Assistance Program to access a variety of services including counseling and referrals to financial/legal resources.
Great Work Environment
Quidel supervisors meet with their employees at least quarterly to identify opportunities and challenges, provide performance feedback, and explore how they can help their employees grow their careers. With a move toward increased collaboration, growth and innovation, now is a great time to work at Quidel.
Develops and executes the global product strategies for assigned products. Identifies new products and new market opportunities for existing products. Works with and helps matrix manage the full range of cross-functional efforts supporting assigned products and related services/offerings. Collaborates with US and International commercial leaders to establish financial targets for assigned products and to execute strategies and tactics to achieve them.
Internally this position works collaboratively with all corporate functions, particularly the leaders on the US and International Commercial Organizations, R&D, Business Development, Clinical/Regulatory and Executive Management. He/she will play a leading role on product development core teams, commercial launch teams and other cross-functional groups. Externally the position will interact heavily with key opinion leaders, medical/scientific advisory boards, important customers, distribution partners, business consultants and professional/trade organizations.
- Supports global product management efforts on the development of the high-level business strategies for the product category, products, related services and commercial approach
- Gains/maintains a comprehensive understanding of the markets, market dynamics and other factors related to company success with current products, product improvements and new product introductions:
- Target markets/market segmentation
- Customer needs/unmet needs
- Current and future competitive landscape
- Other factors impacting the market and related opportunities
- Key success factors needed for commercial success
- Quidel core competencies and capabilities
- Supports/manages the cross-functional efforts related to the assigned products:
- Identification of product improvements/new product opportunities and the development of the market requirements and key specifications for these products
- Develop business cases to support investment in product development
- Participate on the core teams working on the development of new products under the company’s “phased approach”
- Develop and execute new product launch plans in concert with the Quidel commercial team leaders around the world to include, target markets/customer segments, product positioning, pricing, sales strategy, field training, awareness and educational programs, etc.
- Identify and justify scientific study efforts needed to support commercial success of new and existing products.
- Monitor company commercial performance for assigned products. Work with US and International Commercial leaders to refine/develop strategies and tactics to drive better performance.
- Works with commercial teams to establish annual/long term financial targets and to execute efforts to meet/exceed these targets
- Champions and create awareness of the customer across the entire Quidel organization in order to motivate behaviors critical to quality products and strong customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA highly preferred
- Five years of experience in marketing, product management or strategy solving complex commercial problems
- Prefer experience in IVD industry and experience with a manufacturing compan
- In-depth understanding of the relevant market dynamics in target markets around the world
- Strong customer orientation. Able to work with customers to identify known and latent needs and translate them into valuable product concepts.
- Able to communicate/represent voice of customer to internal Quidel stakeholders to motivate support for quality products and strong customer service
- Ability to establish strong relationships, motivate co-workers, influence stakeholders, and gain consensus on solutions
- Strong and efficient analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to produce meaningful analyses, insights and recommendations
- Ability to articulate vision and direction via solid interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employee groups and management
- Skilled in developing effective presentations that effectively communicate ideas using graphs, charts, and other illustrative methods
- Skilled in all aspects of business research (industry analysis, competitive benchmarking, VOC) and using framework driven analyses to efficiently deliver meaningful insights and gain consensus on recommendations
How to Apply
Apply via direct link: https://jobs.lever.co/quidel/0aae8732-e3c1-46db-a…
About Our Organization
Quidel Corporation is a is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic solutions at the point of care, delivering a continuum of rapid testing technologies that further improve the quality of health care throughout the globe. An innovator for over 40 years in the medical device industry, Quidel pioneered the first FDA-cleared point-of-care test for influenza in 1999 and was the first to market a rapid SARS-CoV-2 antigen test in the U.S. Under trusted brand names Sofia®, Solana®, Lyra®, Triage® and QuickVue®, Quidel’s comprehensive product portfolio includes tests for a wide range of infectious diseases, cardiac and autoimmune biomarkers, as well as a host of products to detect COVID-19. With products made in America, Quidel’s mission is to provide patients with immediate and frequent access to highly accurate, affordable testing for the good of our families, our communities and the world.