Scientist I/II – Oncology R&D Assay Development
2477 55th St.
Boulder, CO 80301
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Residing in our Boulder, CO office, the Scientist I/II will join our Oncology R&D Assay Development team and contribute key capabilities and expertise to our oncology product development efforts. The Scientist I/II position is responsible for design, execution, and critical evaluation of experiments in support of current and new oncology products with only high level guidance. This person will interface with other assay development scientists, data analysts, statisticians, quality, and manufacturing personnel to support evidence-based decision making. The position is expected to keep detailed experimental records and communicate data to supervisors and peers in a thorough and honest manner.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including, but not limited to:
- Designing and conducting wet lab experiments
- Analysis of various large data sets, particularly NGS results and reference genetics data
- Interpreting scientific results and providing conclusions and recommendations
- Communicating findings and educating audiences with diverse technical backgrounds
- Generating ideas to improve existing technology and generate new technologies
- Assist in algorithm development to produce new bioinformatic tools and pipelines
- Working with collaborators both in industry and academia to create custom assay solutions
- Creation of publication quality scientific communications
- Review, understanding, and compliance with Invitae HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by Invitae for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- 5+ years of laboratory experience (required) with 2+ years in industry (preferred)
- Proficient with molecular genetics wet-lab techniques, particularly PCR and NGS (required)
- Experience bioinformatic tools for NGS analysis (required)
- Familiar with a scripting language for executing and creating bioinformatic analysis such as Python, R, Bash, Perl, etc. (required)
- Familiar with cancer genetics (required)
- PhD in a life sciences discipline with demonstrated expertise in genetics/genomics.
This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $88,800.00. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://grnh.se/a619817f1us