6398 Cindy Lane,Suite 100
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Are you excited by an opportunity to improve your project leadership expertise? Become a part of a dedicated team that does truly inspiring work in the field of diagnostics! We are looking for the next addition to our team of employees who are passionate about advancing the quality of life.
As the Project Manager, you will work collaboratively with your global cross-functional project teams including Companion Diagnostics Teams, R&D, Clinical Operations, Clinical Sciences, Biostatistics, Quality, Design Assurance, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Commercial, Finance, Sales, Service and Support as well as external laboratories, collaborators, and manufacturers to progress diagnostic assay development in the Agilent portfolio.
You will provide oversight to various aspects of the diagnostic development project, coordinate meetings and project deliverables internally and with external partners. You are responsible for ensuring internal partner alignment, creating coordinated project/program timelines, tracking, and verifying completion of project results and achievements, identifying and mitigating project risks, and timely communication to relevant partners via regular and ad-hoc status reports. Additionally, you will ensure regular budget tracking and reporting to finance operations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Independently coordinate and lead global, cross-functional project teams in a matrix organization with minimal guidance from the Program Manager. Some assignments may include projects of greater complexity
- Demonstrate accountability and urgency to define, drive execution, and deliver expected results according to agreed project scope, requirements, cost, quality and timelines
- Establish yourself as the primary point-of-contact for key leaders and stakeholders across multiple business units
- Plan, analyze and track project activities to identify issues and minimize delays, raise as appropriate
- Estimate and track project costs; proactively communicating deviations to relevant stakeholders
- Apply appropriate risk management techniques to ensure timelines, business priorities and quality standards are met
- Use standardized organizational tools, systems and techniques for tracking project progress, maintain current project Gantt charts and task lists
- Organize and lead team meetings with detailed agendas, clearly documenting meeting minutes, action items, issues, risks and decisions
- Work collaboratively to achieve decisions with Senior Leadership teams; demonstrating an ability to influence
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously and optimally multi-task amongst several competing initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree or University degree or equivalent in biological sciences or a related field
- Minimum 4 years project management experience in the diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience in clinical biomarker or In Vitro Diagnostic development
- Experience in companion diagnostic development, analytical and clinical validations and regulatory submissions a plus
- Experience in a regulated industry (e.g. FDA 21 CFR part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 9001)
- Clear verbal and written communications for a wide variety of audiences
- PMP certification a plus