Social Media Specialist
2905 S Parmenter St
Middleton, WI 53562
At LGC, we offer a compeititve salary and benefit package in addition to growth opportunities and work/life balance.
As marketers, our mission is to build long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and potential customers by inspiring them with valuable, personalized, digital experiences. In doing so we position LGC Genomics and the Biosearch Technologies brand as the agile, go-to partner for mission critical genomics - and support our customers in solving the challenges of our time.
The Social Media Specialist will be a crucial teammate in building these relationships through a customer centric approach as we evolve towards omni-channel marketing. This B2B social media professional will help deepen our relationship with our customers by promoting educational content to our core markets; Agrigenomics, Pharmaceuticals and Human Healthcare. Key to this activity is positioning LGC, Biosearch Technologies as a thought leader in utilizing genomic technology and expertise to reach strategic objectives.
The social media specialist will develop and execute social strategy, drive voice of brand, and create and maintain a community across relevant social platforms. This role is responsible for creating original content and supporting campaigns to meet business objectives. The ideal candidate will be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends in addition to having excellent communication skills and an ability to express the organization’s views creatively.
This is a remote role.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute a social media strategy that displays thought leadership and fosters community
- Set and drive towards appropriate KPI’s that align with business objectives and goals
- Manage social media presence and engagement with followers by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily
- Manage and implement a social media editorial calendar in order to plan and execute specific, timely social media marketing programs
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor posts mentioning the organization
- Perform social listening to track trending topics within the industry and keep a pulse on the social media activity of competitors
- Create derivative or repurposed content that drives attention to key content and align with campaign goals and stories, and support relevant findings via social listening to drive engagement, awareness, website traffic and/or other KPI’s.
- Have a team first attitude that promotes and drives collaboration with multiple stakeholders and team members to manage positioning and accuracy in a highly regulated market.
- Be comfortable in a matrix organization with multi-faceted approvals and build an appropriate approval process
- Utilize a variety of content types with emphasis on video and non-static content
- Develop reports and dashboards for social media marketing with performance metrics and KPI tracking to easily identify data trends and learnings
- Stay updated with current technologies, trends and best practices
- Enforce brand, style guide, and brand architecture across all marketing content
Required Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills:
- 7-10 years of B2B social media experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher with relevant experience
- Demonstrated competency and fluency with the English language
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business across various types of content
- Creative thinker and idea generator
- Ability to interpret data and KPI’s to make decisions
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Experience with paid social tactics is required
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills:
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Experience in life sciences or another highly technical industry
- Understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills preferred
How to Apply
Apply online at https://lgcgroup-jobs.sabacloud.com/Saba/Web_spf/…;
About Our Organization
We are a global leader in the life science tools sector, providing mission critical components to customers across clinical diagnostics, pharmaceutical, research & government, food and other applied markets.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialty genomic analysis tools, measurement tools and supply chain assurance solutions, underpinned by leading analytical and measurement science capabilities. Our scientific tools and solutions form an essential part of our customers’ quality and compliance procedures enabling them to provide safer products, develop new solutions and advance research.
Through a collaborative and consultative approach, our products and technology platforms help our customers bring new therapies to market; optimise food safety and production; enable diagnoses to be made more accurately; and support progressing product discovery through to manufacture with quality and consistency. In this way, we play our part in addressing important global drivers such as a growing and aging population, globalisation and rise of emerging markets.