Senior Market Strategy Manager (Molecular Diagnostics)
2560 Orchard Parkway
San Jose, CA 95131
Job Title: Senior Market Strategy Manager (Molecular Diagnostics)
Reports To: VP, Marketing
FLSA Class: Exempt
The Senior Market Strategy Manager (Molecular Diagnostics) will help drive relationship building, product adoption, and revenue growth in the molecular diagnostic testing market, with a strong focus on infectious disease, pathogen detection, and environmental surveillance. This position is ideally suited to a candidate with a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a related business development, sales, or marketing role with a strong background in life science/clinical research. Candidates with post-doctoral research experience in the field of enzymology and clinical test development will also be considered.
The Senior Market Strategy Manager (Molecular Diagnostics) is customer-centric and ensures worldwide market growth through strategic sales and customer development activities. This is achieved by having in-depth knowledge of market size, market drivers, unmet customer needs, and entrenched competitors/technologies. The Senior Market Strategy Manager will capture the voice of the customer by engaging with key opinion leaders and the sales team and regularly attending customer visits and technical society meetings. They will take a leadership role by devising and implementing business plans and go-to-market strategies as well as collaborating with R&D and Product Managers to strategize and recommend new products that satisfy customer needs. This position will provide leadership through collaboration with other parts of the marketing organization to define, develop, and drive marketing activities, including providing sales training, developing customer presentations, and other customer-facing activities such as beta testing and early access activities.
The Senior Market Strategy Manager (Molecular Diagnostics) role is preferably office-based in San Jose, CA. Consideration may be given to remote candidates for this role to be field-based.
Approximately 30 – 40% travel and some international travel may be required.
- Defines and implements Takara Bio’s strategic vision for the molecular diagnostics market.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of the market environment including current and possible future market trends, applications, and information affecting the business, industry trends, competition and competitive environment, and marketplace strategy and tactics.
- Leads regular market strategy meetings with the goal of developing a business plan for the growth of Takara Bio products in the assign market area.
- Proposes new product ideas by providing clear market requirements to internal R&D and product marketing teams.
- Maintains and leads the development of a portfolio of sales support tools that includes, but is not limited to, customer facing presentations, battle and cue cards, testimonials, citations, and management of influential KOLs.
- Regularly meets with KOLs and reports on how Takara Bio products are perceived by the KOL. Manages support of KOL as needed to advance Takara Bio objectives. Provides strategy for relationship development with KOLs as required.
- Responsible for developing messaging and go-to-market strategy plans.
- Ensures that product launch plans include a complete package of tools and training to support the sales team. This includes creating content as needed as well as providing training to the worldwide sales team that includes who are the target customers, where they are located, and how we can win against the competition.
- Works with Sales to fill the sales funnel and get regular and complete feedback from customers.
- Develop relationships with related scientific societies, associations, educational institutions, trade shows, and customers.
- Participates in technical meetings such as trade shows and society meetings and provides and presents presentations as needed.
- Leads and manages the development and implementation of customer workshops within the United States.
- Performs market research and be able to communicate market size, share, and trends; competition; and pricing analysis.
- Acts as the clear voice of the customer, capturing customer needs, expectations, and feedback.
- Works with R&D and Product Management to launch new products that satisfy the needs of the assigned market.
- Proposes and implements market-based content marketing, including webinars and workshops.
- Conducts outbound marketing activities to advertise our presence and expertise in the market.
- Develop sales support materials including customer-facing presentations for the given market.
- Leads the development and delivery of technical sales training for both new employees and ongoing training. This may include participating in training for distributors.
- This position does may have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- Requires a BA or BS degree; MS and/or PhD considered favorably.
- A minimum of 6 years + experience selling, or marketing of relevant products is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated proficiency in presenting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to think creatively.
- Collaborative team player who can build credibility and relationships across all functions and levels of the organization.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.