Lab Informatics Data Application Developer
2850 Centerville Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
Agilent’s Software & Informatics Division (SID) is one of the fastest-growing businesses within our company. Our OpenLab software suite is critical to Agilent’s current and future business success.
We seek Application Scientists to enhance the depth of subject matter expertise in our OpenLab informatics marketing team. Do you have intimate knowledge of how the pharmaceutical, chemical and energy laboratories deploy, operate, and maintain enterprise CDS (Chromatography Data Systems) and SDMS (Scientific Data Management Systems)? Do you wish to contribute to the future of laboratory informatics? If so, this role will allow you to use your knowledge to develop secondary data analysis use cases, generate new insights and to contribute to commercializing new and existing products.
- Develop use cases for secondary data analysis in conjunction with Data Analysis and SDMS teams.
- Lead application development for data visualization tools (including lab dashboard, trending, and instrument usage) to help customers generate new insights by uncovering and creating new data correlations through connection between different sources and techniques.
- Leverage deep knowledge of informatics use in specified end markets to inform and support multiple aspects of product development and quality testing.
- Develop technical marketing collateral to highlight the use and benefit of OpenLab products in specific end markets including Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, Chemical and Energy.
- Conduct competitive analysis and centralize voice of customer to guide development and commercialization initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or Computer Science with an understanding of the analytical and biological sciences; advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with utilizing data analysis and visualization tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Python, or the like; skills in developing data applications to solve business problems and generate insights; knowledge of current programming language and database.
- Understand how CDS, SDMS or similar products are deployed, used, and maintained in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Energy markets; understand scientific and operational data flow in analytical laboratories.
- Experience with use cases for consolidated data and knowledge of analytics and visualizations used to derive value from consolidated data.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers across functions (marketing, R&D, support, sales) and locations.