Head of Product
430 E 29TH ST
New York, NY 10016
Gencove is a rapidly-growing startup developing a genome sequencing and analytics platform to enable the next generation of genomics applications in medicine and agriculture. We are revenue-generating with customers across the world, including leading genomics companies like BGI, Sema4, and Neogen, and universities like Stanford and the Weizmann Institute. We are looking for an experienced Head of Product to join us and drive product development.
As the Head of Product, you will build and lead a team of product managers, and partner closely with senior leaders across the company to support our product roadmap. Your team will own product reviews and craft creative technical and business solutions, always with an eye towards the end user.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, preferably in life sciences or engineering
- 8+ years of Product Management experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach and excellent organizational skills, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Extensive experience developing enterprise products and working with customers
- Experience in life sciences a plus
- Lead, build, and grow an effective product management team; help grow and develop people and advance careers
- Own the product roadmap across the different verticals in which Gencove operates (agriculture, R&D, and clinical genetics)
- Implement decision-making processes that appropriately balance value risk, usability risk, feasibility risk, and business viability risk
- Translate and articulate business problems into written documents with easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Work cross-functionally with a distributed team across engineering, data science, design, customer success, marketing, and sales
- Define, analyze, and communicate product success metrics