Nucleic Acids R&D Chemist (M/F)
67 avenue de Fontainebleau
94270 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre
The Nucleic Acids R&D chemist will be a part of Chemistry R&D team focusing on the continued research and development of DNA Script’s Enzymatic DNA Synthesis (EDS) technology to enhance synthesis protocols, enable customer applications, and improve product performance. You will report to the Director of Chemistry.
- Collaborate with all the functions within the company to advance our technology
- Enhance Enzymatic DNA Synthesis protocols
- Develop protocols to synthesize modified DNA products
- Explore different approaches to cleave the synthesized oligos from our solid support
- Develop in-house nucleoside phosphoramidite chemistry and automated oligo nucleotide synthesis capacity
- Help existing team to design and execute synthesis of modified nucleotides with additional functionalities to broaden DNA Script’s Enzymatic EDS technology applications
- Accurately document experiments and results in laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion
- Prepare and present experimental plans, results, and reports in R&D meetings
- Contribute to the development of the DNA Script patent portfolio and the scientific literature
- Maintain good laboratory and safety practices
Experience and skills
- Holds a PhD degree in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or similar field with at least two years of postdoctoral and/or industry experience
- Expertise in nucleoside, nucleotide and nucleic acids chemistry
- Expertise in modern isolation, purification, and analytical techniques
- Strong publication record demonstrating ability to conduct research projects independently and collaboratively
- Excellent written, organizational, and documentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, efficient interaction with internal and cross functional team members
- Fluent English speaker
- Experience with nucleoside phosphoramidite chemistry and automated oligo nucleotide synthesizer
- Experience with various methods and technologies in analysis, characterization and purification of oligonucleotides, for example, HPLC, LC-MS, gel electrophoresis
- Experience with various bio-conjugation strategy and methodology
- Job located in Kremlin-Bicêtre (Paris area), international relocation considered
- Start date: ASAP
How to Apply
- Phone interview with manager
- Day Interview at the office with manager, cofounders, HR and the team
- References Check
- Timing: 2 to 3 weeks
You can apply directly here.
About Our Organization
DNA Script is a leading company in manufacturing de novo synthetic nucleic acids using a proprietary enzymatic technology. DNA Script’s approach leverages nature’s billions of years of evolution in synthesizing DNA to set a new standard for how nucleic acids are made and accelerate the adoption of synthetic biology across diverse disciplines such as biopharma, sustainable chemistry and data storage. DNA Script’s first product is the SYNTAX system, the first world’s first benchtop DNA printer using enzymatic synthesis.
To date, DNA Script has raised over $140M of financing, mostly through leading investors such as Casdin, Agilent, Danaher, LSP, Bpifrance, Illumina Ventures, Merck Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, Kurma Partners, Idinvest.
DNA Script has its research facility headquartered in Paris, France, and has its commercial and development teams in South San Francisco.