Scientist - Enzyme Engineering
5720 Stoneridge Drive #300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton location.
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world's first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta is has an opening for a Scientist, Enzyme Engineering located in Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group, you will part of a diverse team focused on developing enzymes to advance Inscripta’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will bring experience characterizing the biochemistry of DNA or RNA interacting enzymes in cells and apply this knowledge to advance development of novel genome editing systems. You will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments and work closely with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists.
- Leverage knowledge of cellular DNA or RNA biochemistry to establish and improve novel genome editing systems
- Develop cell-based and in vitro assays to provide a detailed mechanistic understanding of genome editing systems and focus enzyme improvement efforts
- Apply knowledge of structure-function relationships of DNA or RNA interacting proteins to guide enzyme engineering efforts
- Keep up with relevant literature and advances in the genome editing field
- Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success
- Communicate experimental results clearly within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives
- Ph.D in bioengineering, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, or a related discipline
- Experience studying the biochemistry of natural DNA or RNA interacting proteins with relevance to genome engineering such as DNA replication, damage response, recombination, homology-directed repair or chromatin structure
- Track record of developing novel cell-based or in vitro assays to characterize enzyme activity
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience analyzing complex data sets and developing actionable conclusions
- Track record of creativity and problem solving
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience determining protein structures using X-ray crystallography, NME, EM or related approaches
- Experience analyzing large experimental data sets using scripting tools such as R, Matlab or Python to draw statistically significant conclusions
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.