Senior Product Manager
1035 O'Brien Dr
Menlo Park, CA 94025
We offer competitive salary and benefits combined with a truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne is a precision diagnostics company with the mission to make molecular diagnostics more accurate, efficient, and accessible for all. Our patent-pending QCT molecular counting platform enabled us to commercialize series of unique products from genetic testing products for pregnant women (UNITY product line) to RNA-extraction free high-throughput COVID19 test (qSanger-COVID-test). We are listed as one of the YC Top Companies.
BillionToOne is looking for a Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager to lead and manage the prenatal product line (UNITY products). In addition to the two prenatal products on the market that are exponentially growing in usage (UNITY carrier screen with reflex single-gene NIPT product and UNITY Complete Aneuploidy + Rh NIPT product), we are preparing the launch of the category-defining new product later this year. This role will own the entire product roadmap for the prenatal product portfolio for the end-to-end user experience and lead the internationalization of our portfolio for commercialization across the world.
The new prenatal product you will launch is the first of its kind in the prenatal genetic testing market and will likely create a new product category. You will be the sole product manager leading the launch by working closely with the R&D, clinical team, engineering team for external facing apps, and company leadership. As the product owner of the most important product line at BillionToOne, your role and responsibility will also grow quickly as the company scales. This position reports directly to SVP Product.
If you have experience in launching digital health/genetics-related products, are obsessed with delivering a delightful customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this would be a perfect opportunity for you.
- Understand the market and design a winning product concept: As the product owner, you need to be Number 1 expert within the company about the user needs and desires, the market, and how our technology assets can solve their problems.
- Plan and execute product launch strategies: Understand and plan for every element that touches the product launch, including the core clinical assay, the user-facing software apps, the internal workflow, regulatory and legal constraints, and requirements, marketing and PR, etc. Work with a wide range of departments to execute the product launch.
- End-to-end user experience: Our product is not just the genetic testing panel but the entire experience of ordering a test, sending the blood sample, and receiving the result. You are responsible for designing and delivering the most seamless and delightful user experience for the entire process, together with a UX designer and other stakeholders.
- Program management: You are responsible for getting the product to the finish line by mobilizing relevant internal and external resources. This can involve many elements of general project and program management tasks such as draft timelines, organize meetings, get stakeholders to agree on a solution, source external vendors, etc.
- Continuous iterations and improvements: As the product owner, you are the biggest advocate for the users. You are responsible for monitoring the user voice and behaviors, the key metrics, and key market trends for the product line and identify areas of improvement.
- 5-10 years of experience in product management (title & compensation commensurate with experience)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in molecular biology, bioengineering, chemical biology, or related field
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and product requirements
- Experience with launching a product from start to finish
- Experience working with diverse teams to gather requirements and rally them to get a complex product launched
- Experience with launching and managing clinical genetic testing products is a huge plus.
- MBA or another advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in an engineering or biology-related field is a plus.
How to Apply
Please apply through here: https://apply.workable.com/billiontoone/j/4D7CCB0…
About Our Organization
BillionToOne pushes the boundaries of molecular diagnostics through quantitative technologies. Our molecular counter platform is the only technology that can accurately count the DNA molecules at the single base-pair single-count level. This technology increases the resolution of cell-free DNA diagnostics by over 1000-fold and unlocks a wide range of prenatal and oncology applications. Our products are the only tests that can non-invasively detect both single-gene disorders and chromosomal abnormalities.
BillionToOne has raised funding from global, prominent institutional funds such as Hummingbird Ventures, NeoTribe Ventures, and Y Combinator, and it has been listed as one of the top Y Combinator companies.