Bioinformatics Software Engineer
5720 Stoneridge Drive #300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package and stock options to all team members. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. The role can work out of either Pleasanton, CA or Boulder, CO, but Pleasanton workers will travel regularly to Boulder.
Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer which can be located in either our Pleasanton, CA or Boulder, CO offices.
The Bioinformatics Software Engineer will be responsible for creating the software our customers will depend on to design and analyze libraries of thousands of precisely edited cells. You will be part of an incredibly talented team of software engineers and computational scientists, leveraging your Python skills to develop novel bioinformatics focused APIs and applications. Come work with us to build the software that will power a new era of genome engineering.
- Write the customer-facing code that enables our customers to construct cell libraries with thousands of uniquely edited genomes.
- Design and deploy new API servers to communicate with Inscripta’s Engineering Platform.
- Work with cloud platforms like AWS to deploy customer facing software stacks.
- Collaborate closely with a diverse group of scientists and engineers in a Scrum team.
- Ensure robust verification and validation of Inscripta’s code.
- Occasionally work with other team members to design experiments to validate the results of novel bioinformatic algorithms.
Required Skillsets include:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical or scientific area (e.g. computer science, engineering, biology, biochemistry, physics, or related fields).
- A minimum of 4 years in industry writing production code in a team setting is required.
- Strong knowledge of Python in an object-oriented setting.
- Familiarity with popular Python packages like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn.
- Extensive experience with constructing unit and integration tests using packages like pytest and tox.
- A strong ethic of creating robust software design documentation.
- A strong interest in working with bioinformatics concepts is a must.
- Software development skills, including experience with version control systems like git and continuous integration processes.
Additional Desired Skillsets:
- Familiarity with constructing API servers using python frameworks like flask is a strong plus.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics software, algorithms, and data formats is strongly desired.
- Experience with leveraging cloud platforms like AWS strongly desired.
- Strong problem solving, statistical, and mathematical skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A desire to work collaboratively in a fast-moving software development team.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At Inscripta, we're more a calling than a company. Maybe it's our commitment to help feed, fuel and heal humanity. Making the MAD7™ CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes may not be typical in this industry, but it's typical for us. Our primary purpose is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations.
We want you to make bigger discoveries, faster and at unprecedented scale, experiencing those bold breakthroughs that the Onyx™ platform will provide. We live up to our press by 'walking the walk' every day, bringing you revolutionary tools that serve the greater good. Because Inscripta's more than a company, it's our calling.