Systems Engineer (Laboratory Automation)
1525 O’Brien Dr, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Systems Engineer I/II will coordinate, manage, implement and provide technical engineering support for a variety of process automation hardware, software applications, and laboratory instruments. The Automation/Systems Engineer/Senior will primarily interact with scientists, software developers and end users to transfer and continuously improve to implement robust automated solutions into day-to-day laboratory operations. The ideal candidate will be experienced in liquid handling robotic platforms, software integration and supporting complex systems.
As part of your responsibilities you will:
- Configure, program and troubleshoot laboratory automated platforms
- Optimize existing automated processes to improve efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality
- Provide support for existing equipment and coordinate vendor support as required
- Support the installation, facility acceptance test and validation of the new and or revised equipment, automated systems to ensure quality compliance and user requirements.
- Author, execute and document test plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflowsCoordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner
- Recommend and implement changes to ensure ongoing high-quality performance of laboratory equipment
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, chemistry, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 1year hands-on experience in integrated automated solutions and liquid handling platforms
- Proficiency in both writing and optimizing scripts on automated liquid handling platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.,)
- Experience with writing and executing test protocols
- Working knowledge of clinical laboratory operations and activities
- Analytical, creative thinker, ability to solve problems
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working in a clinically regulated environment is highly desirable
How to Apply
About Our Organization
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.