Senior Product Manager, Reagents & Applications
San Diego, CA 92121
Spatial Genomics is a startup pioneering new frontiers in genomics. We are passionate about our mission and committed to developing technologies to make spatial, single cell gene expression profiling broadly accessible. Join us as we enable new discoveries in basic research and medicine.
We are seeking an experienced product manager to join our team and help lead the development and commercialization of Spatial Genomics consumable reagents and applications. This position will require working within a cross-functional product development team alongside members from commercial, R&D, project management, manufacturing, and other roles. The position will be responsible for developing, communicating, and owning business cases for spatial genomics reagents and applications, including customer requirements, financial assumptions, pricing, product fit, and integration with spatial genomics workflows, from sample input through analysis.
Spatial Genomics is a young and rapidly growing startup company in the life sciences industry. The successful applicant will ideally have experience thriving in a dynamic and rapidly evolving organization, working proactively and independently across multiple canonical job functions to execute on commercial priorities with limited resources, support, and high expectations.
- Defines and updates business plans for spatial genomics reagents and applications in alignment with the company’s objectives
- Manage spatial genomics reagents and applications landscape analysis and understanding, including customer needs and requirements, as well as current or emerging technology, application, and industry trends
- Manage the spatial genomics reagents and applications business, including product and financial performance, as well as forecasting and lifecycle management
- Represent the commercial organization and the needs of customers as part of the product development process and core team
- Commercial driver of product launch activities
- Collaborate with others across the marketing organization on product marketing for on-market products, including messaging, collateral, content, campaigns, and communications
- Sales, applications, regional marketing, and support training and tools development
- Develop and foster the Spatial Genomics community, in partnership with others in the organization, as well as with distributors, customers, and broader scientific or lay audiences
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or a related field, graduate degree (including PhD and/or MBA) preferred
- 5+ years in life sciences or related industry marketing experience, with preference given to candidates with strong experience in transcriptomic analysis and related research area segmentation
- Life sciences or related industry product management and product marketing experience
- Experience with market research, financial analysis and modeling, strategic planning, product launch go-to-market planning, and lifecycle management
- Experience in cross-functional teams
- Effective time and project management
- Excellent written, presentation, communication and collaboration skills with experience presenting to diverse scientific and other audiences
- Travel up to 25%
Spatial Genomics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]