Senior Scientist, Sample Prep
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Pacific Biosciences seeks a Senior/Staff/Principal Scientist with a strong molecular biology background to join the sample prep team. This position will contribute to development of the up-front DNA preparation for Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing platform, as well as support of internal research efforts, by working with a team that is tasked with continuing innovation of the sample prep component of Pacific Biosciences single molecule real time DNA sequencing system. A working grasp of genomic DNA extraction, sample prep innovation, and genomic applications is essential. The candidate will be working in a fast-paced, start-up environment, interacting with scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands-on laboratory work preparing samples and running the PacBio instruments.
- Analysis, interpretation, and troubleshooting of experimental results.
- Innovation to improve the Pacific Biosciences SMRT™ sequencing sample preparation method.
- Sequencing application research and development.
- Ph.D degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or related scientific field.
- 2 to 5 years of biochemistry and/or molecular biology laboratory research experience.
- Technical proficiency in general laboratory practices, particularly biochemistry/molecular biology.
- Excellent record-keeping and careful attention-to-detail.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working closely with others as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Prior experience in the biotechnology industry is a plus.
- Expertise in DNA modifying enzymes.
- Quantitative analysis of experimental data.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.