Product Manager, Clinical MS
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As the Clinical MS Product Manager, you will join a growing team that is focused on driving growth in this critical area for Agilent's Mass Spec Division. Join this focus area to build the capability to drive Mass Spec sales into Clinical diagnostic and research labs. The product manager is in a global position representing voice of the customer to R&D, applications, service, support, and regulatory teams in order to effectively execute on strategic priorities for the clinical market.
To accomplish this, you will have the responsibility to:
- Manage medical device product portfolio and life cycle and ensure marketing readiness in delivering and supporting new products to marketplace.
-Define pricing strategy, product messaging, positioning while performing market and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with customers and key opinion leaders to generate proof of concept data and penetrate key application areas.
- Partner with cross-functional teams within Agilent including sales, regulatory, R&D, application development, manufacturing and service to generate alignment and achieve business objectives.
- Work with global program managers to develop programs and customer-focused collaterals and marketing campaign elements for clinical solutions that align with value proposition and appropriate intended use.
-Being able to tell a cohesive story about Agilent’s offerings to clinical customers
- Developing close relationships with sales team and supporting them through generation of customer-facing materials, delivering sales training that enabling them to clearly position your products and explain the benefits, and presenting at scientific conferences.
-Masters or Higher Degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
-Minimum of 2-3 years product management, applications, sales or marketing experience
-5 to 10 years practical experience in life sciences and/or clinical field.
Additional desired qualifications:
-Experience with Product Management/Marketing of instruments and/or consumables in the life science and/or clinical industry.
-Experience with Mass Spec products, especially in clinical workflows
-Strong organizational skills. Be able to demonstrate the ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments.
- Demonstrated use of marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success.
- Leadership ability to focus the cross functional team, drive product support and deliver results across the organization.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals across the organization to develop effective market strategies and programs which meet revenue forecasts and growth targets.
- Experience in working with worldwide customers and is a strong internal advocate for customer-focused solutions and application-driven development.
- Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, creativity, planning and execution skills backed by strong analytical and decision making.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey Agilent’s product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% national & international business travel.