2850 Centerville Rd
Wilmington, DE 19808
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Help drive a digital transformation at Agilent. The internet has changed the way customers buy analytical instruments, supplies and services. It is estimated that more than 57% of the time customers spend evaluating vendors and their offerings is done independently through the internet, before ever calling a sales representative. The content customers consume during that large amount of time on their own plays a key role in setting their perspective and preference for a vendor. Successful vendors must invest more heavily in these early decision-making stages and provide compelling digital resources to help customers in their journey.
This is a new position in the Gas Chromatography (GC) Marketing group, based in Wilmington Delaware, will focus on assisting our customers during this early informative stage.
In this position, reporting to the GC Outbound Marketing Manager, you will lead the development of compelling content to support our Gas Chromatography sales and marketing efforts. You will be an expert in our customer's purchasing and onboarding journeys and create informative and insightful content to help customers understand and appreciate the value of Agilent GC systems. You will leverage your creativity to develop a wide variety of tools, largely in the digital domain, including but not limited to white papers, application notes, videos, calculators, webinars, e-books and customer testimonials.
You will work with GC marketing specialists, chemists and product managers to support launches and ongoing marketing programs. You will also work with our field and segment marketing groups to deploy content through global and local campaigns and assure that our content addresses the needs of our customers as they navigate their purchasing and on-boarding journey. You will assure the efficient syndication of content across multiple digital channels to optimize content delivery and return on marketing investment.
You will become a champion of Insight Challenger Messaging, assuring Agilent's messaging and positioning delivers keen insight about our customers' enterprises, and addresses key pain points they experience. These insights should accelerate technology refresh in our customer base and drive customer preference for Agilent.
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in a scientific discipline or related field.
- Deep understanding of GC customer needs and pain points in the life sciences and applied markets.
- Strong empathy and appreciation for what matters to GC customers as they progress through their purchasing journey.
- Keen skill of persuasion. Prior marketing experience is a must. Prior sales experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in writing.
- Creativity. The ability to generate unique and insightful positions not only for the content, but for the manner in which it is embodied and delivered.
- A highly collaborative nature. You must be able to work across many organizations and cultures globally, and get things done through others in a positive and professional manner.
- High energy. This position scales across all GC products at Agilent, so you must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.