Quality Control Technician
4332 Southport Supply Road SE
Southport, NC 28461
Cygnus Technologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
Cygnus Technologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking a Quality Control Technician to join our growing team. This role is responsible for the inspection and testing of incoming materials and manufactured products to ensure conformance to quality specifications.
- Performs inspections and quality control testing of incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensures that all product specifications are met and follows proper procedures for out-of-specification (OOS) results and reporting of non-conforming materials
- Conducts investigations and provides first tier analysis of complaints and non-conforming products
- Peer reviews testing data and write-ups of other technicians for accuracy and completeness
- Reviews and approves manufacturing documents, kit assembly records, labels, and NetSuite work orders to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation
- Performs annual stability testing of manufactured kit components and maintains stability retain inventory
- Serves as lead QC contact for communication to manufacturing and order fulfillment regarding testing schedule and product readiness, and for Material Review Board regarding non-conforming products
- Trains and develops new team members
- Serves as a delegate for Department Manager
- Maintains meticulous documentation of all Quality Control records
- Contributes to preparation and updating of QC operating procedures as needed
- Assists with instrument calibrations and preventative maintenance
- Maintains lab housekeeping, organization, and inventory supply
- Performs other QC functions and duties as required
- BS Degree in scientific discipline or equivalent
- 0-4 years of experience working in a laboratory, manufacturing, or quality role within the life science industry
- Requires knowledge of and experience using GLP or cGMP principles
- Working knowledge of standard chemical safety/hygiene requirements and overall safe workplace practices, especially in a laboratory setting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving, observation skills, and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
Cygnus Technologies offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Cygnus Technologies is an EEO Employer.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Cygnus Technologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, supplies specialized analytical products to the biopharmaceutical industry for use in process development and quality control. As recognized experts in bioprocess impurity testing for analytes such as host cell proteins, Cygnus offers a broad menu of ready-to-use ELISA kits, reagents, and analytical services, custom process-specific antibodies and assays.