Marketing Manager, Sequencing Solutions
9115 Hague Road
Indianapolis, IN 46250
The Marketing Manager, Sequencing Solutions, develops and executes strategies and tactics for the US Affiliate Marketing Department of the Sequencing & Life Science business unit. This includes managing a broad portfolio of DNA Library Preparation Reagents for the US Sequencing & Life Science business unit. All activities will be in alignment with the strategic plan to accomplish business unit objectives and capitalize on Roche’s investments in next-generation sequencing. This position will lead and support marketing-related activities including, but not limited to:
- Perform both product management and strategic promotion for the large, growing DNA Library Prep reagent line, which includes off-the-shelf and customized kits for the preparation, amplification, or quantification of next-generation sequencing libraries.
- Manage the execution of promotional marketing programs, messaging, collateral, and advertising
- Initiate key marketing and lead-generation activities, such as digital marketing, trade shows, white papers, digital ad campaigns, and educational material
- Work with functional groups in the US and Global organizations to manage and support the growing Sequencing product line, including forecasting, pricing, back-order management, and launch management
- Develop and maintain product-specific collateral and messaging for your product line.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues to integrate DNA Library Preparation solutions into strategic campaigns.
- Manage partnerships with Key Opinion Leaders and external collaborators
- Work with the leadership of Sales and Marketing, Global partners, and local Sales and Support & Applications teams to create continuous alignment for business strategy and tactics and help the Sales teams reach their revenue goals
- Collaborate with the Commercial Education Department to train Sales colleagues on products and market opportunities
- Advise and manage stakeholders by reporting on special projects, business challenges, and opportunities to senior management
- Drive the process for the business area annual operating plan for your product line; work with Marketing colleagues to develop and implement tactics through program management and Sales meetings
- Post-pandemic, leverage targeted field travel with the Sales Force to translate market and customer requirements into product solution suggestions for the Global organization
- Drive the process for the business area annual operating plan for your product line; development and implementation of tactics through program management and Sales meetings; evaluation of tactics’ performance with metrics; and effective utilization and communication with internal partners and/or external Agencies
- Instill leadership through others by acting as a role model to drive impactful business solutions and positive change, encouraging, motivating, and empowering others and helping others to succeed.
- Possess experience in marketing DNA Library Prep reagents or similar products
- Strong preference for candidates with knowledge of and experience in next-generation sequencing
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in the Life Sciences, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Have 5 years of marketing, sales, or related business experience
- Exhibit strong team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Possess strong project management skills
- Have the ability to travel domestically as needed (post pandemic)
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reside in or willing to relocate (post pandemic) to the Indianapolis, IN, area