Scientist I, Protein Assay Development for Spatial Imaging and Profiling platforms
500 Fairview Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98109
In your role as a Scientist I in the Research and Development group at NanoString Technologies you will develop new approaches to visualize protein expression using our Spatial Molecular Imaging platform. You will work towards inventing and optimizing assays for high plex protein visualization and quantification. The Spatial Molecular Imaging platform is a next generation solution for multiplexed analysis of RNA and protein expression for individual cells within intact tissue samples. As this technology is developed, you will have opportunities for close collaboration between biologists, engineers, chemists, and bioinformaticians as we advance our goal to lead the market in all aspects of spatially-resolved genomics.
- Design and perform experiments (~70% benchwork) and analyze data with minimal supervision.
- Apply your skillset in immunohistochemistry to develop and optimize new protein assays and applications for the Spatial Molecular Imager platform.
- Develop robust and reproducible analytical methods for data generated in high-plex spatial protein expression studies.
- Present findings to internal and external stakeholders including NSTG senior leadership.
- Interact with various internal teams (e.g., marketing, sales, product development) in a cross-functional manner.
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field with 0-3 years of experience
- Experience with immunohistochemistry and multiplexed protein microscopy techniques.
- Experience with in situ hybridization and related histological techniques.
- Extensive molecular biology experience, including nucleic acid design and hybridization.
- Proven track record of innovation through peer reviewed publications.
- Demonstrated background in statistical computing and graphics languages (e.g., R, Python)
- Ability to work both independently and closely in collaboration with a core team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working under pressure within tight deadlines while balancing multiple concurrent experiments.
How to Apply
Apply through this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/nanostring/jobs/5126048002
About Our Organization
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions please contact [email protected]