You may find more results for this query on our sister sites: GenomeWeb and Precision Oncology News.
Siemens Healthineers received clearances for an assay used to detect and monitor acute pancreatitis, and for tests and controls used to detect Zika.
In US influenza testing, providers see growth in placements within hospital emergency departments, physicians' offices, urgent care centers, and retail clinics.
The firm said that its molecular diagnostics sales growth in the quarter was negatively impacted by non-governmental organization purchasing patterns in Africa.
Abbott said that its Afinion HbA1c assay used to diagnose diabetes could eventually be made available in physicians' offices through a CLIA waiver.
The firm said that the system's automation and flexibility will help centers be more productive within a testing specialty that can require extensive hands-on time.
Sonic Healthcare sold its 85 percent stake in GLP. Abbott has acquired the remaining 15 percent interest in the German firm and will collaborate with Sonic in the long term.
The company's patent related to labeled nucleotides for use as diagnostic tools and as therapeutic agents has been invalidated.
According to the company, it has shipped more than 1,700 of the IVD analyzer platforms since launching sales globally in 2017.
The test, called Fujifilm SILVAMP TB LAM, was found to be about 30 percent more sensitive than the Alere Determine TB LAM Ag test from Abbott.