NEW YORK – As was the case in 2020, the year 2021 in the in vitro diagnostics market was dominated by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, as test developers tried to keep up with waves of infections and regulations in various countries.
Among the most-read articles on the 360Dx website were a comparative study of Abbott's popular BinaxNow antigen test with the gold-standard PCR tests and the US Food and Drug Administration revoking emergency use authorizations. As was the case last year, the 360Dx Coronavirus Test Tracker remained the most visited page on our website.
Below is a list of the 10 articles that gained the most interest among our readers in 2021.
- CDC Study Finds Abbott BinaxNow SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Less Sensitive Than PCR, But Still Useful
- CDC to Withdraw EUA for COVID-19 Test; FDA Revokes Three Other EUAs for Non-Use, Agency Clearance
- Will Rapid Antigen Tests Detect SARS-CoV-2 With Omicron Variant? They Should
- German Stores to Begin Selling COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests for Home Use
- JP Morgan Healthcare Conference 2021, Day One: Roche, Guardant, Hologic, Thermo Fisher, and More
- Mologic Sues UK Government Over SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Test Validation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Sued by New Jersey Lab Over COVID-19 Testing Problems
- FDA Issues Alert About Potential False Negative Test Results From SARS-CoV-2 Mutations
- Biden Administration Finalizing Six Contracts to Increase At-Home SARS-CoV-2 Testing
- Roche Diagnostics Expanding Manufacturing Capacity, Testing Portfolio in 2021